Monthly Metrics #5 – Decision hierarchy
- How loyal are your shoppers in your category and to your brand?
- What is the decision tree in their mind?
- How does your product compare to the rest of the store?
If you know how to measure brand loyalty and decision hierarchy, it gives you the ability to act accordingly and make the best decisions with retailers:
- Optimize shelf blocking in a way that follows the shoppers’ logic (brand blocking, needs state blocking, tier blocking)
- Minimize lost sales as a retailer, with shelf layout that makes switching easier for the shopper
- Optimize range: do you need a wide range of brands (if category shoppers are brand loyal), or a narrower range with many varieties and flavours?
Read about these topics with real life examples in our Monthly Metrics.